Wednesday, October 13, 2010

How not to do pork

Tonight's dinner wasn't a total fail, but it wasn't great, either.

I got the brilliant idea to have pork tenderloin and stuff it. The husband enjoys greek salads, so we always have a supply of feta cheese and kalamata olives on hand. So I tried to make my stuffed pork tenderloin with those items.
It didn't really turn out as tasty as I had hoped. It was fine, just not as tasty as I'd been hoping for. In that note, I will not be posting that failed recipe.

However, the side dish that we had with the pork was tasty and the husband approved.

Fried Green Tomatoes

Core the tomatoes and cut off the ends.

Slice the tomatoes thinly and dredge in a cornmeal, bread crumb, and sea salt (just a pinch) mixture on a plate. I don't have actual amounts - I went by looks.

I fried the tomatoes in bacon grease until they looked done, flipped them and finished them on the other side.

Sorry the recipe isn't any more specific - it didn't take very long to finish those suckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment