Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tonight's dinner: Hot German Rice Salad

Hot German Rice Salad

1 pkg. of hot dogs (8) cut into 8ths.
3 cups cooked rice (1 1/2 C. rice and 1 1/2 C. water)
1 C. diced celery
1 1/2 TBS flour
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2 tsp. mustard (prepared)
1/2 C. milk

Spray a 9x13 casserole dish. Place hot dogs, rice, celery, onion and water in dish.
Mix remaining ingredients.
Stir evenly into dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins.



I love this recipe. It is comfort food at its finest, and super easy to make (and reheat, which is good, since I won't see the husband tonight until much after he gets home from work - I'll be at my second part-time job).

According to my handy online recipe converter - if this recipe makes 8 servings, there will be

Per serving:
267 calories
15.3 g total fat
23.7 g. carbohydrates

No comments:

Post a Comment