Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tater Tot Casserole

This is something that we have every once in awhile at our house. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but I did get the original idea for the Tater Tot Casserole from the Dugger family. Of course, I only make one 9x13 pan, and have changed the recipe a bit (I actually include veggies in mine).

To make my tater tot casserole:

Brown 1 lb. of meat (I used hamburger this time, but have used ground chicken or turkey in the past).

Place meat in bottom of greased 9x13 pan. This time, I added Tiger Sauce. Yummy.

Add veggies on top. I used green beans and mushrooms today, but have used a variety of different veggies in the past.

On top of veggies (just add to taste), add 1 bag of frozen tater tots.

On top of tots, add a can of cream of whatever soup mixed with milk (premix the soup and milk).

Bake at 350 for about an hour (until the tater tots are warm).

That's it! A super fast dinner, which is good, since I had an hour and a half between my jobs today. I had enough time to prepare the meal and eat my portion before sticking it back in the oven to keep warm for the husband.

Nutritional Information:

Assuming there are 8 portions, one portion includes


363 Calories
17.1 g total fat
33.5 g carbohydrates

No comments:

Post a Comment